Why I went Paleo
For me, just going gluten-free did not alleviate all of my health issues. Things were certainly better, but I was still having digestion issues and was still having health problems that were related to the food I was eating. Over time, I found that by eating quality meat and healthy fats while incorporating an abundance of veggies, was not only providing my body both the macro and micronutrients it needed to support my immune system but I was also creating healthy habits that will make maintaining my health effortless
Some of the benefits of a paleo diet that I found were:
- Maintaining a healthy weight: by limiting processed foods, sugar and unhealthy fats.
- Increased energy levels: by eating nutrient-dense foods.
- Better digestion: by avoiding processed foods and gluten.
- Reduced inflammation: by limiting processed foods, sugar, and unhealthy fats.
I also have many family members that have benefited from the keto diet so we wanted to make sure that our jerky was acceptable under both diets.
Some of the benefits of a keto diet can include:
- Weight loss: by inducing a state of ketosis where the body burns fat for energy instead of carbohydrates.
- Improved insulin sensitivity: leading to better blood sugar control.
- Decreased inflammation: by reducing the intake of refined carbohydrates and processed foods.
- Improved brain function: as the brain can use ketones for fuel, leading to increased focus and mental clarity.
- Better heart health: by reducing risk factors such as high blood pressure and triglycerides.
Whatever your health goals are for 2023, you need to find something that works for you. I'm glad that whatever you choose we are here to help you do that deliciously.